Accident can happen in just a time you would never expect. That accident can happen to your valued data stored in the harddrive. If you are an expert, maybe you could do something to recover the lost data. But what if you are an inexperienced user without any knowledge to do something like recovering the lost data? Well, there is a simple yet easy solution for you.
Recuva (pronounced as “recover”) is a nice lightweight software that can help you recover your accidentally deleted files. Recuva not only can recover any deleted data in your harddrive but also any other storage types including USB drive, MP3 player or even a memory card from your photo camera.
Recuva is able to recover files emptied from the Recycle bin. Moreover, Recuva will even bring back files that have been deleted from your iPod, or by bugs, crashes and viruses.
Recuva has a simple user interface that you should not have trouble to use it. To recover your data, it’s just as simple as a single click on the Scan button, a list of files that were found is displayed, choose your files and restore them. Additionally, you can limit your search to files of a certain type (doc, xls, jpg, mp3, etc). You can also control how fast does it scan the files. You can opt in a fast scan or deep scan approach depending on your needs.
Recuva Features :
- Simple to use interface
- Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view
- Restores all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
- Restores files from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jaz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.)
- Restores files from external ZIP drives , Firewire and USB Hard drives
- Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type
- Recuva can be run from a USB thumb drive
What’s new in Recuva 1.40.525 :
- Added support for Windows 7 SP1.
- Added support for BartPE recovery CD.
- Improved file recovery from Apple iPods.
- Improved error handling on drives >1TB.
- More efficient memory usage when >1M files are found.
- Better handling of files that have lost file type.
- Added support for Kurdish language.
- Minor bug fixes.
You can add this nice little tool into your software inventories by grabbing one from here.